After trying to tune my home brew 1.2GHz yagi better and hosing it up, I decided on building another.
I built a 1.25M yagi a while back and wanted to do a little testing. So, I hopped on the local 222 SSB net.
I made a video of a contact using an external transverter. I got a lot questions about how I was able to get the operating frequency to show up on …
We worked this contest pretty hard and it paid off. Two of us stayed on the hill until the very end. Results below.
This is a project I’ve wanted to do for quite a while to add some bands for portable contesting. This go-box made from an ammo can makes it easy to …
This was a last minute decision to run during the January VHF Contest, but it turned out pretty good.
Another successful contest weekend. We had 4 of us up on a hill working portable.
Another test and general playing around with different modes.
My buddy Tim got a new radio and wanted to test out 2M SSB.
I was finally able to do a proper SOTA activation. And by that, I mean one that was planned. This was on Three Corner Rock in SW Washington.