I was finally able to do a proper SOTA activation. And by that, I mean one that was planned. This was on Three Corner Rock in SW Washington.
We had been trying for hours to figure out why he couldn’t hear me when I connected to the D-Star repeater in Phoenix. We finally made it happen.
We wanted to try out 40 Meters and 80 Meters so I made a couple videos to show him how his signal was getting out locally.
My buddy put up a new 40 meter dipole so of course we had to test it.
I was able to make my first satellite contact using 2 radios – an Elecraft KX3 and an Icom ID-5100. Here’s the video…
My buddy WB7TIM did this video of us making contacts from Portland to Seattle on 2m SSB.
Quick video about my home setup. Even checked into the noon time net on 40M.
I did a quick test of how I plan to use the KX3 portable to send email over the winlink system. Here’s how it turned out.
Just made my first contact on my new (to me) Kenwood TK-981 on the K5TRA system.
Quick demo of WINMOR on a cheap Windows 10 tablet running RMS Express connected to my IC-7000.