New Problem Found

I was messing with cables and noticed something strange.

While disconnecting the feedline from the tuner to try out a different antenna, I noticed my receive levels increased. I moved the coax at the connector a little and it went down.  I moved it back and signal levels went back up. Hmmm

I drug out the extension cord and soldering iron and did some “repair” work.

I had someon else install the PL-259’s for me because he can do a lot better job than I can…at least that’s what I thought.

I can’t confirm anything yet, but I bet some of my noise issues along with transmit and receive problems will decrease. Time will tell. I’ll update after further testing.

Leave a Reply